Entrusted business operations
Japio has been undertaking various business operations entrusted by Japan Patent Office (JPO) and National Center for Industrial Property Information and Training (INPIT).
1. Support for efficiency of trademark examination in JPO, including preparing documents
To raise the efficiency of trademark examination in JPO, Japio has been performing various activities including nominal analysis, classification and assignment of diagrams, and addition of information for efficient trademark searches.
2. Preparation of materials etc. to raise efficiency of domestic and foreign industrial property information retrieval
Japio has been performing various activities for the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) such as evaluations of levels of technology.
3. Activities for the Japan Platform for Patent Information (J-PlatPat)
Japio has been undertaking system development and overall operation of the Japan Platform for Patent Information (J-PlatPat), owned by the National Center for Industrial Property Information and Training (INPIT), and which provides free access to industrial property information via the Internet.
4. Preparation of organized, standardized data
Japio has undertaken the standardization and organization of various types of information at JPO e.g. status of investigations, provided in XML or SGML format.
5. Translation of various gazettes, preparation of abstracts, and data manufacturing
Japio has been performing Japanese translations of abstracts for US patents and published patent applications and for European published applications.